11 October 2010

Space to Create


Today I was inspired to turn the desk in my spare bedroom into a craft workspace. After organizing my fabric scraps, buttons, ribbon, sequins, rubber stamps, and various other materials I realized how convenient it all was just sitting there together. Why hadn't I done this before? Now, more than ever, I'm inspired to utilize this room and make stuff!




Once everything had found a place (Jacquie, you left those big jars here! I hope you don't mind that I'm using them) and I'd pinned some inspirational clippings on the wall, it still felt like something was missing....and I knew just what it was!



Meet my new sewing machine (my first very own sewing machine). Her name is Simple, and according to the box she came in, she was "Hand-picked by Martha." Stewart, that is.

Until now I've relied on borrowing my Mother's and friends' machines (and snuck into the sewing lab a couple times during college...ssshhh!). Now that I finally have my own I just can't wait to create a plethora of fun projects!

Another new discovery I made today was a website called PurlSOHO.com. TONS of adorable fabric and every other sewing/knitting/crafting thing you could need. See for yourself...

http://www.purlsoho.com/purl

I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time in here this weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. SOOOO CUTE! My sewing machine's name is 'seduction' haha...

    Nope don't mind at all... my big jar broke in the shipping. I'm so happy the other 2 went to a cute work area and are put to good use. You'll have to thank Lauren and her Sis.

    Can't wait to see all the cute crafts you'll make!!

    ReplyDelete