17 March 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Thanks to my Great-Grandmother, I am Irish, making today a holiday my family loves. Last year I went to a pub and drank a tall green beer. This year Trevor and I are enjoying a relaxing weekend at home. To celebrate, I baked a family recipe passed down from my Great-Grandmother. Commonly known as Irish soda bread, my family has always called it Irish scon. My mom has been making it every Christmas and St. Pat's day of my life and this week I made it on my own for the very first time. I made it first on Thursday night to bring to my class on Friday. The kids loved it, the other teachers loved it, so I decided to make another batch today.






In other news, I have a lot of sewing to do. I received an order to make 8 clutches! I headed to Joann's today to get more clasps and found this great striped fabric on sale. The bright stripes reminded me of Kate Spade, so naturally I needed to sew it into clutches.


The weather is warming up, tulips are out and about, and Spring is upon us. Pesto is enjoying the open windows and fresh air.




I wish everyone a fun St. Patty's day and a relaxing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment